Okay, sorry for the profusion of posts, but it’s Friday and I’m going through all of the clippings I did this week reading my RSS feeds.
- Ever wake up and you’re unable to move? It’s not an evil spirit attacking you, just have sleep paralysis.
- Trouble getting a job? How about guilt tripping your prospective employers? (courtesy MetaFilter)
- Why is there so much science bashing in sociology classes?
- If you happen to like science, here are 100 scientifically oriented things to do before you die.
- It turns out that there may be a financial success gene, because household income of biological children correlates with that of their parents, while the income of randomly-assigned adoptees has no correlation with the adoptive parents. See also commentary on Marginal Revolution
- Entrepreneurs have the ability to make something from nothing.
- Yes, Virginia, Windows XP can be turned into a zombie (taken over) in less than 4 minutes, though the study did use an unpatched SP1 system.
- I don’t care how delicious your lava lamp looks, dont heat it on the stove. On pain of death.
- I don’t know how you feel about malls, but this little pamphlet pretty accurately describes mine. Warning: cartoon adam and eve at the end. Yeah, don’t ask.
- Genetically engineered plants that change color when they grow over a land mine.
- Target’s selling blowjobs for $10, but you have to wait 4-8 weeks.
- Abandoned DOS games!
- I think I found a new hobby: rock balancing.
- The answer to how is yes. Can’t say I entirely get this, but I’m working on it.
- Yeah, I built a linux-based PVR for the apartment, though it’s having some problems. This one has 1.2 TB of storage, comes preconfigured, and the company apparently encourages ‘hacking’ and upgrading the device. Hmm, only $2000.
That’s all for now.