After hours of banging my head against the wall, I have finally got my bluetooth headset working with my SIP accounts in Ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx).
Assuming bluetooth is already working, and you’ve paired your headsets, do the following things:
1. Download the x-lite 4.0 software for Linux
2. Run the softphone with ‘padsp xtensoftphone’ (this will wrap it’s audio i/o with pulseaudio
3. Change the audio settings in the x-lite phone to use the PulseAudio virtual device
4. Make sounds in the x-lite phone, call an 800 number or something, then while sound is being made run ‘pavucontrol’
5. In the output and recording tabs, find the padsp streams and select the bluetooth headset inputs/outputs.
Caveats: I haven’t tested whether this is remembered between logins, and I think if you are using padsp to wrap other applications this will send them all through bluetooth.
Let me know if this helps you or if you get stuck!